Monday, June 15, 2009

Free Advice---Enjoy Your Summer

From time to time, I will post what I call "free advice" on this blog. People who know me well, know that I only give advice when I feel I have something to say that may make your life easier. My true friends also know that I think that unwarrented advice is on the same list as paper cuts and hang nails. So if you're not the type to accept advice, then whenever you see a "Free Advice" post, then by all means keep it moving, go on to the next blog. You won't hurt my feelings---I promise.

With that said---Enjoy Your Summer!

Take a few weeks to completely forget about school and schoolwork. Forget about being Ms. Brown, or Mr. Roberts; for a moment just take a minute to be Karen or Frank, Mom, Dad, Little Sister, Big Brother, or Friend.

Right now, in this moment, as I type this, I am sitting on my balcony bobbing to Mariah Carey. It is 9:00 p.m., and the sun refuses to set completely set. And finally after a warm muggy day, on this late spring evening, there is a cool breeze.

There are a million "productive" things that I could be doing. But right now in this moment, I am going to do the one thing that I haven't really done since the first school bell rang in August: BREATH.

No comments:

Post a Comment