Here is a quick Parts of Speech Quiz or Test that you can copy and paste.
Parts of Speech
Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Verb, Adverb, Preposition, Interjection, Conjunction
Identify the underlined part of speech.
1. I am going to Australia this weekend.
2. They live in a large house.
3. She ran slowly to the car.
4. The girl in the pink dress is very pretty.
5. The boy with the red hat is my friend.
6. She walked to the store this morning.
7. I am going to church on Sunday morning.
8. Their house is so large!
9. The puppy ran under the table.
10. Wow! You look really nice today.
11. I am sleepy, but I must do my homework.
12. I saw the puppy in the window.
13. It is so cold outside.
14. She is trying to find some happiness.
15. She was looking at herself in the mirror.
16. She is such a nice person.
17. She carefully walked across the floor.
18. I am going home, so I will need to find my keys.
19. She lives in Raleigh.
20. She lives in New Zealand.
21. List five linking verbs.
22. List seven coordinating conjunctions.
23. List five pronouns.
24. List three adverbs.
25. Write a sentence in which you use the word cheese as an adjective.
26. Write a sentence with an interjection. Make sure that you punctuate it properly.
27. Write a sentence with a prepositional phrase. Underline the propositional phrase. Circle the preposition.
28. Write sentence with two independent clauses and a coordinating conjunction.
29. Write a sentence with two independent clauses and however.
30. What grade do you think you will make on this test? Explain. (at least three sentences)